Monday, January 23, 2012

Intelligent Design...

I'm not going to say I am the King Kong of website designers but I have been doing it for some time now and know what tends to look pleasing to the eye for the most part.

From time to time you get a client who knows fuck all about layout, web functionality, or just aesthetics period. Of course they are (or should be) paying you so you have to grit your teeth and just go with it. Well I say nuts to that!

My current plan is to draft up a contract for any future clients. It shall state that they are hiring me for my expertise in the field of webdesign and they have to listen to me when I say one of their ideas is helmet special. No arguing, no talking back. You listen to me of suffer the consequences. (I can and will make your website look like it was made with Microsoft Frontpage circa 1995)

For those of you who are not familiar with Web Pages That Suck dot com, do so posthaste. In their first book they mused about how designers need a BOT tag. It stands for Boss Ordered This. That ay any savvy designers who looked at your code like the RCA dog would understand that it wasn't your decision to make some of the stupid mistakes that were present.

So if any of my future clients have found this page and read this, you have been warned. You will heed my words or suffer the horror of clip art and animated gifs.

No comments: