Saturday, April 21, 2012

Not too shiny...

Ok we all know how I feel about IE right? Well in a close second is Chrome. When it first came out it was nigh-useless for someone who does webdesign. It was missing some basic stuff like oh I dunno.. view source. (Which I think they fixed.) This put me off Chrome instantly.

To this day I continue to not like it. Chrome is like that kid in your school who you just didn't like. For no real reason. You just... didn't.

Well there is a damn good reason for me to want to give Chrome a big ol' wedgie. It seems to render some things a few pixels off. I discovered this after getting something to look and work fine in Fire Fox and, anubis help me, IE9. (I'm afraid to look at 7 or 8 right now. As for anyone using IE6 you can suck it and hard.) Anywho, in Safari (Grrr) and Chrome the div layer was 2 pixels off which was totally obvious because of the way a certain layer needed to be made.

As usual I turn to the intertubes for an answer. Also, as usual, it took me at LEAST an hour to find an answer that didn't take a translator in technical speak to decipher. My usual gripe is the fact that someone has to get mad enough to write a script that fixes something that shouldn't exist in the first place. Thankfully someone did.

So, I'm sorry Chrome, but we can't be friends. I just don't like you.

No comments: