Wednesday, August 13, 2014

De(word)pressing

Why must web design be such a fickle whore?

It's interesting to me the things we sacrifice/ trade off for the sake of "ease". I have had to begrudgingly learn more and more about my nemesis Wordpress (keep your enemies closer or something like that). While their design style has become more the norm I still feel stilted by it.

I miss the days when it was "easy" to teach someone to update their website. Now it's more of a foreign language than it ever was. I guess that is what gave the rise to CMS. A nice box to put all of the controls in so people could feel like they had power over something that is so remarkably difficult in a number of ways.

It can be frustrating to make something only to realize it would be/have been much easier to just give in and make someone pony up 40-60$ for a template someone else got the headaches over.

I think I need to go to sleep...

No comments: