Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A jock strap offers better support...

If anyone actually reads this damn blog, you will know my hatred of Wordpress.

Well, for the sake of the children, we sat down and had a long talk and now we both understand each other and are willing to work together... you know... for the kids.

However, the more I use custom templates that are for sale, the more I want to punch the authors of these designs in their fucking idiot faces.

Yes I tried turning off all my plugins before I contacted you...



I appreciate they have done half the work for me. Hand coding responsive websites sucks. However, when something goes awry with their coding and I find a bug they somehow missed because they didn't test it properly it kind of annoys me, especially when it's something they SHOULD have found through basic usage.

"That's not that bad" you say? You're right, it's not. HOWEVER, it's when I contact them and let them know their shit is jacked up. They either A: Treat me like a fucking idiot or B: completely ignore most of my post/question where I laid out the exact details of my problem and what I have done and they respond with the equivalent of, "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

That's just the emails. Gawd forbid I have to interact with a whole team of guys on a forum. I get the same requests from 4 different people because none of them could be bothered to read the previous posts that laid out all of the details they are asking for.

"It works on our machine. See?" Yeah that's great. You just showed me a photo of a layout that is NOTHING like the photos I posted so your tiny mind wouldn't have to guess at what I am talking about!

I have been on the verge of asking for a refund I don't know how many times because their themes break easily AND their "support" is a joke... but I don't. Why you ask? I clearly hate myself...

But not as much as I hate them.




No comments: